Thursday, April 28, 2011

I Got to Hold Him Today...Well Kinda



I know it has been a few days since I posted, but that has been because Landon has been doing so well! The only medications he is on are antibiotics for one more day and morphine (because if your insides were open to the outside you deserve some morphine). He is like a different baby now that he is feeling better. He is much more alert and loves to look at his momma (and his daddy, but only if he can't see his momma :). Today he kept lifting up his hand in front of his face and then getting a look of confusion like "hey how did that get there?"

The surgeons stopped by and explained that they will wait 6-10 weeks from when he had his surgery last week to close everything up and reattach his intestines. This gives him time to heal and gives his intestines the best chance. They will actually try to feed him breast milk in the next 10 days, which should be interesting with detached intestines. They say they do this all the time with kids who like their intestines open, but I am pretty sure I will have a heart attack when they do it.

The highlight of today was I got to pick him up! It was only briefly while the nurse quickly changed his bedding, but was pretty much the highlight of my life to this point. It was so exciting that Ryan actually stopped playing Angry Birds on his phone and took the picture below. We are hoping that he continues to remain stable enough to come off the ventilator soon and we will be able to really hold him. We can't wait!

On the kidney stone front it still has not come out yet. It is kind of funny given that Landon was in such a hurry to come out when I wanted him to stay in and this stone wants to stay in when I want it out! Such is life I guess :)

2 comments:

  1. Has Ryan tried Angry Birds Rio? Great game. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great update Tracy! The picture of you holding that little man is amazing.

    ReplyDelete