Sunday, April 24, 2011

The Easter Bunny Brought Me A Little Present

Happy Easter everyone! Landon had a good day today. He has been off blood pressure medications since yesterday and has been keeping his blood pressure up mostly on his own. This is good news because it could be a sign that he is finally turning a corner with the infection that caused him to get so sick when his bowel perforated. He was super cute today with his eyes wide open and yawning. This is the first time I saw him yawn and though I know all babies yawn, I am pretty sure no baby looks as cute as my kid doing it.

The nurses also appreciate his cute face and beautiful eyes saying he often flirts with them with his eyes :) He had a good Easter because one of his favorite doctors, Dr. Nancy, gave him a little more sugar in the solution they use to feed him. Although it was really to help get him more calories, I told him that it was kind of like eating a Peep and one day when he experiences the real thing he will appreciate how awesome that is.

I am so happy Landon had a good day because Ryan had to go back to work for the first time since Landon was born today and it was hard for all of us. I tried to text him pictures demonstrating Landon's cuteness, but being the world's worst picture taker probably failed in that venture. On top of that, I started to feel not so great as I was sitting with Landon. I thought maybe I had pulled a muscle in my back, but as the pain intensified I came to the horrifying realization that it felt an awful lot like a kidney stone. So instead of spending more time with my baby on his first Easter, my mom and I spent quality time in the ER where I learned I had a large kidney stone moving through my left kidney. I'll admit I laughed when the doctor told me the news, because when you have this much craziness going on in your life at one time you can either laugh at it or cry and I am sick of crying.

Thankfully I was given some good drugs to help me get through the next few weeks while I pass the stone. I am hoping my writing skills are just as amazing while on drugs, but suspect I may be mortified reading the posts I do while taking them once the stone passes...


2 comments:

  1. Hi Tracy,

    My husband, Mark, works with Ryan. I've just started reading your blog. I enjoy your humor through what has to be one of the hardest things a parent can go through. (I can't even imagine)

    It is amazing to see the miracles God has already done in Landon's life. I believe God has something big planned for him, and these hard times are just the beginning of a wonderful journey.

    Mark put a sign up on the wall to remind our family to pray for yours. My kids mention Landon every time they see it, and we are all praying for him to get stronger. We are also praying for God to give you and Ryan the grace and the wisdom you will need as you go through these difficult times.

    Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you. I'm available all day, if you ever need to talk. I can have Mark give my number to Ryan, or you can contact me by email (I think that shows up on here).

    God bless you!
    Laura Dushaj

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about the kidney stone, I know you mentioned before how ... unfun they are. :( Hope it passes and quickly and painlessly as possible so you can focus all your attention on your little one. Continuing the send prayers (even Jacob and Mia pray for you and "little Landon" each night). Love you all.
    Kelly McMullin

    ReplyDelete